Friday, July 13, 2007

Monkey Buisness





Oh how I love being a teacher. I have two words to say... Summer Vacation. I love my students and teaching them not just about science but how to be a responcible adult (or at least a little closer to being a responcible adult.) But one thing I love about summer, other then nap time, is the chance to finish projects that I have the best intentions to get done during the school year there just is no time to do them. This past christmas I said that I would make up some jungle themed panals for my daughter's pre-school. The panals are hanging between the two year old room and the three year old room. There is a half wall with plexie glass at the top and the teachers are good about keeping the kids busy. But when has that stopped any little kid from looking. And of course any kid (or most adults for that matter) thinks that the other room is more fun then what they are doing.


Well, I have three done and this fourth one took a really long time to finish. The panals are of an elephant, then a tiger, then a zebra and now a monkey with a lizard popping out. Well my daughter just turned three and now is in a new classroom at preschool so she won't get the chance to enjoy the monkey one but they tie the classroom togther. You need to remember that I claim very little artistic skill being that I am a SCIENCE teacher and not an artist. But I think the panels came out really well for free-handing the animals. The vine does not carry through to the zebra but with the amount of time and the skill level that I have I think they turned out OK.

2 comments:

atet said...

They turned out more than ok if you ask me!!! Great work Bonnie!

Leigh said...

Hi Bonnie, just came over from Angela's blog to say hi.
I love your panels. Your classroom looks like such a fun place to be.